Nowadays digital sport watches are so advanced that they support features more than simply telling time. Sport watches that include chronograph for timing splits, heart-rate and calorie monitoring are basic features. GPS watches are more and more popular as they can provide additional information like distance and speed. These information are useful for outdoor activities like jogging, cycling, hiking, etc.
What is GPS watch?
GPS stands for Global Positioning System. It is a space based satellite navigation system that provides location and time information. Watch that is specially designed to support GPS called GPS watch. GPS watch can tell you the travel distance and speed as a result.
Who need GPS watch?
When you are choosing sport watch, you need to keep in mind which kind of sport you are playing and which kind of feature you looking for. If you require a watch that can monitor time elapse only, a simple digital watch can serve your propose well. Who need GPS
watch? For those who needs to know the distance or the speed during the sport activity can consider buying a GPS watch. GPS watch is not for sports that don’t need to monitor distance or speed, for example, soccer, basketball, baseball, badminton, tennis. GPS signal is from the sky, GPS watch is not suitable for indoor sports.
- Watch size. Some GPS watches are too big, some of you many not be comfortable of wearing a big watch.
- Water Resistant. GPS watches are complex electronic device, the case should be water resistant that avoid potential damage to the watch. Some of the watches allow water resistant up to certain depth. Read the user manual carefully before using it for swimming.
- Simple User Interface. The design of the user interface should be simple and clear. Users do no need to go through complex menus for different functions.
- Easy to Read Display. The display should be large and clear so that users can read the information with quick glance. Some models allow customizable displays.
- Heart-rate Monitor. With heart beat monitor function, user can easily monitor the strength of the exercise as well as calorie consumption. This allows you to monitor your workout progress.
- Data storage. Watches should be able to store historical records. Some advanced models can upload the data to the computer for analysis.
For this view, we picked up some popular models among the markets for the review. Our GPS watches for comparison are